A fun book for class or individual learning.
Aimed at inspiring students by exploring a wide variety of musical styles, while developing a strong foundation of classical fingerstyle playing skills.
- For beginners of all ages
- The comprehensive step-by-step approach, clear diagrams and illustrations make learning easy and enjoyable
- Written especially for classes and groups, the book is also suitable for individual students learning with a teacher, or for those who prefer to teach themselves
A special feature is the wide variety of music to inspire students. There are:
- Classical, traditional, renaissance and rock tunes
- A balance of solos, duets, trios, quartets and song accompaniments.
Students will love to explore these different sounds, and in doing so, will achieve a real understanding of music, and an ability in a range of playing techniques.
At the completion of this first book, students will have learnt:
- To read and play all the main notes in the first position
- To play some basic first position chords.
Other areas studied include:
- Key signatures and time signatures
- Dotted rhythms, accent and syncopation